Garmin is a reputed company that manufactures best quality smart watches and GPS devices. Their products are very popular among fitness-oriented people. Sports persons, pilots, and pretty much everyone uses them for navigating to their destination. The maps allow for accurate navigation; if you are facing issues related to installing maps on your device, then you can contact Garmin GPS support for further assistance.
You can read the steps below for instructions regarding the installation of maps on your device of Garmin Edge
- You will require a system for installing the maps, whether it is a PC or a Mac. You cannot install the maps on an iPad. You can go to the website of Garmin to access the maps available every three months for the device of the Garmin edge.
- Start with choosing the type of map you need; these maps range from rout able bicycle to generic rout able. Other variants of maps are also available such as nautical overlays or transparent with the contours for elevation related assistance and information.
- Once you have done the previous steps, you can continue further by choosing the right country from the list that appeared to have a predefined set of countries. You can download the maps once the country is selected. If required, introduce some new titles for downloading custom maps.
- After this, go-ahead by choosing an icon for Micro SD. The installation is simple and doesn’t require a lot of effort; just put the files in the correct folder. The data sizes vary according to the type of map downloaded.
- The topo data varies according to continents, for instance, the North American limit is 5.5 GB, and for Europe, it is 6.6 GB. Whereas for Australia and New Zealand, the topo limit is just below 2 GB. It is simple to install the maps using a USB cable.
Get in touch with us
In case you have faced difficulties related to Garmin devices such as installing the maps, then you can contact Garmin customer support for technical assistance. Our team of professionals can analyze your problems and give you easy step by steps instructions for successfully troubleshooting it.
Amara Smith is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, malware, social engineering, Games, internet and new media. She writes for Garmin Connect at Garmin GPS Support.